Graham Creek Nature Preserve offers field trips for students of all ages. Lessons are based on a variety of environmental topics focusing on the habitats and biodiversity encountered in our area. Lessons and curriculum are divided into three sections elementary, intermediate and middle/high school.
If you would like to request a field trip or for more information please contact Angie Eckman at
251-923-4267 ext.885 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Elementary School Lessons
• Weather & Clouds • Birds • Insects • Bog Tour • Special Species
• Trees & Leaves • Slugs, Snails, Worms • Animal Adapatations
Intermediate School Lessons
• Aquatic Invertebrate / Creek Bio-Survey • Watershed & Heritage
• Habitat Assessment & Land Management (Hike) • Carnivorous Plants & Food Web (Wagon Ride)
• Bog Tour • Earth (Soils, Terrestrial Flora & Fauna) • Fire (Controlled Burns & Forestry)
• Water (stream assessment, water sampling) • Spirit (Culture & History)
• Environmental Stewardship / Outdoor Recreation / Ecotoursim
Field trip basics:
Our max attendance is 60 per field trip
If you have more students, we can schedule for multiple days or a morning group and afternoon group.
Our calendar fills up fast so it is recommended that you request/schedule a field trip at least 2 months in advance of your request dates.
We are not always able to reschedule field trips that are cancelled due to inclement weather.
We only offer half day field trips, either morning or afternoon
A picnic pavilion is available for snack/lunch use in addition to a playground (Please let us know if you will need to schedule a break/lunch during your field trip ) or you are welcome to stay afterwards and enjoy the amenities on your own
All activities are outdoors
Field trips are provided at no cost